Check server time before playing next music track

scotchegg78

Hi

I am making a media player, and running a webserver /php mysql database to arrange music and the playlists.

However i need the music player webpage - likely using media player embeded or similiar, to break off from each track and allow my system tell it which one to play each time.

I will manage this with cusomt made m3u playlists using php and mysql of track data. The php will load the media player the m3u text file depending on the time critera each one is set to.

However if say after 10 songs the time is gone 6pm, and at 6 pm a new playlist is to be loaded , i need the music player to check this after everytime and not just play the m3u file through to the end so to speak? Allowing my php code to recall the mysql database for a new playist and track details at 6 oclock.

Get me?

any ideas how i can do this? will i force page refreshes? but this will hamper the media player i suspect?

thanks for any suggestions or ideas.

Also i am only just starting out on this, so if you think i have missed a trick or something, please feel free to tell me!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.