Just a general question

prime

Is there a way to tell if 2 separate people are actually the same computer rather than just say using a router

reason I'm asking is, there is a game I have been playing called travian, and here is their rule, and this actually makes me quite curious

* §2.2 Same pc usage

If there are two or more players using the same computer and playing on the same game world, all affected accounts must be listed in the profile by using the "PC use with another player" function of Travian. Abuse of this function is punishable.

Playering on different computers on the same network does not qualify as "same pc usage".

Players using the same computer and wanting to access each other's account must use the sitter function.

Read §3.2 for details about limitations for resource transfers.

I know you can check remote address and browser type, but it just seems to me like an idea like this would be catching people using routers as well, or is there another way to do this that I'm not seeing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.