Getting ReWrite Rule to work with Pointed Domain

sailorsmokey

Hi everyone.  I'm a bit of a rookie, here.  I have used ReWrite rules with my Web site successfully.  However, I've started a second Web site that, until it grows, it residing in a subdirectory on my 1st Web site.  The 2nd Web site has its own domain name pointed to that subdirectory (so www.autismcommunitystore.com points to www.watchesandthings.com/autism/).

I initially set up a .htaccess file to work with the subdirectory.  Now I want to get it so it works with the pointer domain (I want my links to be www.autismcommunitystore.com/view/17/ rather than www.watchesandthings.com/autism/view/17/). 

I've done some additional reading on the ReWrite rule, but I either don't understand what I'm reading, or haven't seen the answer to my question.

Here's how my rewrite rule is set up:

RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /autism/
RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]
RewriteRule ^item/([0-9]+)$ item/$1/ [R]
RewriteRule ^item/([0-9]+)/$ item.php?item=$1
RewriteRule ^view/([0-9]+)$ view/$1/ [R]
RewriteRule ^view/([0-9]+)/$ view.php?category=$1
RewriteRule ^view/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$ view/$1/$2/ [R]
RewriteRule ^view/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$ view.php?page=$1&category=$2
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory/([0-9]+)$ viewsubcategory/$1/ [R]
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory/([0-9]+)/$ viewsubcategory.php?subcategory=$1
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$ viewsubcategory/$1/$2/ [R]
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$ viewsubcategory.php?page=$1&subcategory=$2
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory2nd/([0-9]+)$ viewsubcategory2nd/$1/ [R]
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory2nd/([0-9]+)/$ viewsubcategory2nd.php?category2nd=$1
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory2nd/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$ viewsubcategory2nd/$1/$2/ [R]
RewriteRule ^viewsubcategory2nd/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$ viewsubcategory2nd.php?page=$1&category2nd=$2
RewriteRule ^/autism/feedback/([0-9]+)$ /autism/feedback/$1/ [R]
RewriteRule ^/autism/feedback/([0-9]+)/$ /autism/feedback.php?page=$1

I tried a few logical guesses on how to make this work, but to no avail.  Can anyone lead me to or show me how to get what I want?  Of course, I am assuming that I can do this.  Will the rewrite engine even work with a pointer domain?

Thank you for helping me out.....I truly appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.