display DB records

adzie

hi guys, I'm slowly getting used to basic coding but some things are still eluding me, thanks for all your help.

I have this script to display information from my database which I wish to eventually turn into a form, the problem I am encountering at present is that only the option boxes on the first row reflect the DB. all fields which are just simple display show correctly but the two end columns do not update past the first row.

any thoughts?

<?php

$title="Status Report";

$title2=$Title."<center>Stats</center></font></u>";

$msg = $Body."<center>";

{

$sq2l="UPDATE car SET reg='".$_POST[reg]."', type='".$_POST['type']."', mods='".$_POST['mods']."', group='".$_POST['group']."', mark='".$_POST['mark']."', status='".$_POST['status']."', active=".$_POST['active']."', allocation=".$_POST['allocation']."', nextserv=".$_POST['nextserv']."'  where ac_id='".$_POST['id']."'";

if(mysql_query($sql2,$conn))

{

$msg.=$Body."Database updated successfully<br><a href=index.php?page=management&managementpage=users&use=view>Click here edit another user</a><br>

<br><a href=admin.php>".$Body."Admin page</font></u></b></a><br>

<a href=index.php>".$Body."Home</font></u></b></a><br>";

}

$sql="select * from car where group=3 order by mods ASC";

$query = mysql_query($sql);

$msg .= "<table border=1 align=center><tr><td><strong>Allocation</strong></td><td><strong>mods</strong></td><td><strong>Reg</strong></td><td><strong>Type</strong></td><td><strong>Mark</strong></td><td><strong>Hours</strong></td><td><strong>Status</strong></td><td><strong>Next Service</strong></td></tr>";

while($row = mysql_fetch_row($query))

{

$query_hours = "SELECT sec_to_time(sum(time_to_sec(t2.duration))) AS duration_sum FROM car t1, car_reports t2 WHERE t1.reg=\"".$row[5]."\" AND t1.reg=t2.car";

$result_hours = mysql_query($query_hours);   

if (mysql_numrows($result_hours) > 0)

{

$time = mysql_result($result_hours,0,"duration_sum");

}

{

if($row['10'] == 0)

{

$UnServiceable = "selected";  

}

elseif($row['10'] == 1)

{

$Serviceable = "selected";

}

if($row['12'] == 0)

{

$Minor = "selected";  

}

elseif($row['12'] == 1)

{

$Major = "selected";  

}

elseif($row['12'] == 2)

{

$Minorstar = "selected";  

}

$msg .= "<tr align=center><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"allocation\" value=\"".$row['11']."\"></td><td><strong>".$row['6']."</strong></td><td>".$row['5']."</td><td>".$row['1']."</td><td>".$row['2']."</td><td>".$time."</td>

<td><select name=\"".$row['10']."\"><option value=0 ".$UnServiceable.">UnServiceable</option><option value=1 ".$Serviceable.">Serviceable</option></select>

<td><select name=\"".$row['12']."\"><option value=0 ".$Minor.">Minor</option><option value=1 ".$Major.">Major</option><option value=2 ".$Minorstar.">Minor Star</option></select></tr>";  

}

}      

$msg.="</table>";

}

?>

You have a lot of unnecessary stuff in there, but I think I understand the question. You basically display a table from a database, except rows 10 and 12 are displayed as drop down lists, where the field value is the name of the drop down. And only the first row working.

By "not working," I'm assuming you mean that the proper options are not being selected in the drop downs.

It's your chunk of if else "selected" stuff I'm skeptical of. Try trouble shooting it with various debug methods, like after

elseif($row['12'] == 2){

$Minorstar = "selected";                 

}

Put an end-all else statement

else {

$major = "selected";                 

}

So if all the broken drop downs all go to select "Major", you know the problem is that they aren't picking up on any of the if else stuff.

Maybe put the numbers in quotes -

elseif($row['12'] == "2"){

$Minorstar = "selected";                 

}

insert line

$UnServiceable = $Serviceable = $Minor = $Major = $Minorstar = "";

before line

if($row['10'] == 0)
               {
                  $UnServiceable = "selected";                  
            }
            elseif...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.