Hotel pricing per season

alani

Hello,

I need some help in a script that i am trying to build few days now.

I have a MySQL with hotels information including the seasons that each hotel supports. For example, between 1/7/2008 and 30/8/2008 is the full season of the hotel and the price per day is 20 €. All the other dates is the low season of the hotel and the price per day is 15 €.

The problem is that if someone try to make a booking from 25/8/2008 until 5/9/2008 the system must be able to calculate 20 € for the first 5 days and 15 € for the rest of them. In few words my problem is that i can't calculate the price for a booking that it will be requested on the change of the hotels seasons.

Any ideas?

Yes I have an idea.

Make your table like this

BookingID (integer)

RoomID (integer)

Date (Date only, no need for time)

Cost (Integer)

Booked (bool type)

BookedID (Integer)

So each day will have its own info.  Then when a booking is made you just black out this day by saying

update `table `set Booked = 1, BookedID = $booker where Date > Start_Reservation and Date <= End_Reservation

then have a second table that stores the bookers info (based on bookedID) so you can have it all later.  Then to get a price you can just query it for sums of them based on cost and then add it up using a simple math function.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.