cannot find HTTP temp dir after upload

Jim from Oakland

Phreax

I'm a lightweight PHPer so go easy on me.

I am using basic, commonly available php code (e.g. at php manual website) to allow user to upload a file.

I am using the same exact code on two different accounts from the same hosting service. Code works fine on one account and not the other. $_FILES array reports error # 6 which is something like "cannot find temporary directory" (where file is uploaded to).

Host company tells me that they do not provide "support" for php so for the moment I am stuck. I hope to be able ask them about more specific things to check for me.

OR, can I tell the web server (using code) where to store the uploaded file?

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion

If youlook closely at my codeyou'll see that I am doing exactly the same action as the suggested code. FWIW I did try it anyway and it ALSO gives error #6, temp directory not found.

I presume that this error has to do with something my host service is doing; but I am at a dead end with them.

Jim

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.