[SOLVED] Unexpected T_STRING in line 1

golden3159

Hi, im new here, trying to learn php.  I am trying to include a file from my index to one located in '/folder/folder2/file.php'.  I am using the absolute url.  However, I keep getting

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in http://mydomain.com/folder1/folder2/file.php on line 1

However, when I visit the page manually, it works fine.  My line 1 is '<?php'

This problem is causing me to tear out my hair, I can't continue until its fixed!  It only happens with php files, I can include .html files with no issue.  Please help!

EDIT:  The code im using to include is:

<?php
include 'http://mydomain.com/folder1/folder2/file.php';
?>

EDIT2: I think it has to do with me using absolute urls.  I have enabled them in my php.ini but I think the host is blocking it.  I have sen't then an email.  MY host is godaddy and they let me use my own php.ini file.  I have set the following:

allow_url_include = on

allow_url_fopen = on

I know its a security risk but I just want to get this working, argh!

In the meantime, can somebody please tell me how to include to the directory I need to without a full url?  I have googled and tried different codes to no avail.

Line one is 
[code=php:0]
<?php

Im sorry, what?

Anyways, thanks for the help guys but I figured out the problem. Apparently my CMS (e107) does not allow for me to include a php page the way I want.  So im going to have to think of another way.  Thanks again, this forum has quick responses!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.