} elseif($_REQUEST['r_id'] != $_COOKIE['r_id']) {

setcookie('r_id', '', 1, '/', '.mydomain.com', 0);

setcookie('r_id', $_REQUEST['r_id'], time()+604800, '/', '.mydomain.com', 0);

}

} elseif(!empty($_REQUEST['r_id']) AND empty($_COOKIE['r_id'])) {

setcookie('r_id', $_REQUEST['r_id'], time()+604800, '/', '.mydomain.com', 0);

}

?>

Hello, I am trying to update our affiliate program so that the refering urls can be easily spidered. I decided that cookies are the best way to achieve this.

Here is what I am trying to do.

1. If one of my affilates pass r_id=THEIR_CODE via url, I want to set a cookie with that r_id.

2. My cookies are set for 7 days, so that if no one else refers the same customer to my site, they still get credit for the sale if it is a returning customer.

3. Now if the same customer is already cookied from the same affiliate, and returns via his referal, I want to reset the current cookies time back to 7 days. Resetting the clock.

4. Now if another one of my affilates sends me a customer that was previously refered by another and if the old cookie is still valid, I want to delete the old one and then send a new cookie with the new affilates information.

i understand the whole if and else statement but, I do not think I am doing something correct with setcookie(). Everytime I try to delete the cookie and reset it, and echo $_COOKIE['r_id'] I keep getting the old information.

Please Help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.