CSS and menu includes issue

webguync

I am using CSS to indicate which page you are on and PHP to use this menu as an include while still being able to determine the 'you_are_here" CSS.

work great on the home page

http://www.warriorsarise.org/index.php

you will see that the indicator is that you are on the home page

however, when you go here:

http://www.warriorsarise.org/About_Us/index.php

you will see that the menu indicates that you are still on the home page. This is what I am having an issue with.

I know why it is doing this. It is because my directory is set up as Contact_Us/index.php, Itinerary/index.php etc.

how do i alter my code, so that it picks up the right pages?

my PHP as it is now

<?php $currentPage = basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);?>
<ul id="top_menu">

<li><a href="../index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == 'index.php'){echo 'id="active"';} ?>> Home</a></li>

<li><a href="../About_Us/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == '../About_Us/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>About Us</a></li>

<li><a href="../OnlineSermons/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == '../OnlineSermons/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Online Sermons and Video</a></li>

<li><a href="../Itinerary/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == '../Itinerary/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Itinerary</a></li>

<li ><a href="../Request_Visit/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == '../Request_Visit/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Request a Visit to Your City</a></li>

<li><a href="../Links/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == '../Links/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Links</a></li>

<li><a href="../Contact_Us/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == '../Contact_Us/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Contact Us</a></li>

</ul>

I tried this:

<?php $currentPage = basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);?>
<ul id="top_menu">

<li><a href="../index.php"<?php if($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == 'index.php'){echo 'id="active"';} ?>> Home</a></li>

<li><a href="../About_Us/index.php"<?php if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == 'About_Us/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>About Us</a></li>

<li><a href="../Online_Sermons/index.php"<?php if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '../Online_Sermons/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Online Sermons and Video</a></li>

<li><a href="../Itinerary/index.php"<?php if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '../Itinerary/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Itinerary</a></li>

<li ><a href="../Request_Visit/index.php"<?php if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '../Request_Visit/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Request a Visit to Your City</a></li>

<li><a href="../Links/index.php"<?php if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '../Links/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Links</a></li>

<li><a href="../Contact_Us/index.php"<?php if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '../Contact_Us/index.php') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Contact Us</a></li>

</ul>

but it doesn't give me the id="active" that I need to set the you are on this page css

See anything that might be wrong?

<?

$array=explode('/',$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
$currentPage= $array[count($array)-2];
?>
<ul id="top_menu">

<li><a href="../index.php"<?php if(count($array)<=1){echo 'id="active"';} ?>> Home</a></li>

<li><a href="../About_Us/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == 'About_Us') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>About Us</a></li>

<li><a href="../Online_Sermons/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == 'Online_Sermons') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Online Sermons and Video</a></li>

<li><a href="../Itinerary/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == 'Itinerary') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Itinerary</a></li>

<li ><a href="../Request_Visit/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == 'Request_Visit') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Request a Visit to Your City</a></li>

<li><a href="../Links/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage== 'Links') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Links</a></li>

<li><a href="../Contact_Us/index.php"<?php if ($currentPage == 'Contact_Us') {echo 'id="active"';} ?>>Contact Us</a></li>

</ul>

try

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.