[SOLVED] Date issues

NerdConcepts

I've got a date that looks like this: 06/08/2007 AM

I'm trying to convert it to a MySQL acceptable date so it can be inserted into the data and read as normal MySQL dates would read so I can use my date searching functions. I use a lot of -30 days searches and stuff like that. As I insert the records into the database (which come in from a .csv file) the "SCHEDULED_DATE" looks like that above but that, as we all know, won't work with things like 'SCHEDULED_DATE > $onemonth' ($onemonth being a date that is a month ago). So while the records are imported I have been trying to take that date and convert it into a usable MySQL date. Although my attempts have completely failed. Here is one of the newest things I have used, which didn't work and I really don't know why.

(remember that this is a test so there is only one record in the database.)

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM dn_records_data");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($query, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
$x = $row['SCHEDULED_DATE'];

$bust = explode("/", $x); // Takes apart the date like at the top of this post that I showed...
$bust2 = explode(" ", $bust[2]); // Takes apart the '2007 AM' so I can take out the AM part
$newdate = $bust2[0] . '-' . $bust[0] . '-' . $bust[1]; // reformates 06/08/2007 AM to 2007-06-08 (like in MySQL)
$newdate = date($newdate); // I tried this to see if it needed the whole date thing.

$y = $row['WORK_ORDER_NUMBER']; // gets the work order number
$query2 = mysql_query("UPDATE work_orders SET wo_dn_scheduled_date='$x' WHERE wo_number='$y'"); // updates my information for work orders (since I don't modify the original imported data, it is stored for my records as it comes from my contractors)
}

I've tried this, no errors but when I check the database it shows '0000-00-00' for the wo_dn_scheduled_date. Not sure what to do here. BTW the scheduled date is almost always different then the date I insert the records into the database and because of that I can't just put todays date on there. Also note, my test records are old, lol.

Ok, ok, right after I hit the "Post" button I noticed that I was inserting the original $x which is the messed up date not the new one. Once I changed the code to use the new date, it worked, lol. Yes, I'm blind sometimes.

should be:

$query2 = mysql_query("UPDATE work_orders SET wo_dn_scheduled_date='$newdate' WHERE wo_number='$y'");

not:

$query2 = mysql_query("UPDATE work_orders SET wo_dn_scheduled_date='$x' WHERE wo_number='$y'");

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.