[SOLVED] Help with Php with Form w/ Menus and MySQL

bri0987

I might be getting complex here I don't know.

I'm very very very new at PHP. Just finished the Lynda.com Tutorials PHP and MySQL.

I'm trying to develop a form thats dynamic and changes. The form will be used for customizing a custom computer system.

Just for a small example: I will talk about the 3 top menus in the form,

Processor - Motherboard - Memory

The first form menu is processor. If a customer or user pulls down the menu and chooses a Pentium 4 3.2 ghz ... I need the menu options in the Motherboard menu (in the same form) to change (remove) some of the options because they are not compatible with the processor that was chosen.

I this process will continue with every option... The stuff does not even need to be removed it could just be grayed out and cant be selected, whatever works best.

I don't know EVEN where to start this... Could I set a Parts Set in the database and work around it... I don't know.

If anyone goes to Avadirect.com ... and looks at how they have it. They have it so when someone is configuring their options it does what I'm talking about.

Also second question: Where can I do tutorials and practice php skills and develop them more so I can start promoting myself and take on some paying clients soon.

- Bri0987 -

"The Real PHP Newbie"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.