Help with my script to work with mail()

MockY

I am writing a bunch of forms that I am about to use on one of my websites. The first form is done, and I made sure that it works by duplicating it, name it test.php and used <form method="post" action="test.php"> so instead of the input boxes, I see what the user typed in. My goal is to email this instead of displaying it in another file, but I want it to look just like the form does as in test.php.

So I figured I would just enclose the entire form in a variable, for example

$message = " The entire form, including css";

and then use the $message variable in mail() and the receiver would then receive the form in html and it would look just like test.php

I used escape before every " inside the form. But it seems like this wasn't as easy as I anticipated. Before I wanted to even try to use it with mail(), I wrapped the entire form in, what I earlier mentioned in a variable

$message = " The entire form, including css";

and in the end just echo the variable. This should be pretty straight forward, but it doesn't work. I'll attach just a snipped out of the entire form, but remember, this is far from the entire form:

$message = "

<style>
#content {
background-color:#fff; 
width:580px; 
min-height:500px;
height:auto !important;
height:560px;
float:left;
margin-right:10px;
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}

<div id=\"content\">

<form method=\"post\" action=\"test.php\">
<div id=\"formwrapper\">
<div id=\"areablue\">
<table border=\"0\">
   <tr>
     <td rowspan=\"11\" class=\"number-q1\">1</td>
     <td colspan=\"4\"> </td>
  </tr>
     <tr>
     <td rowspan=\"9\"> </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td colspan=\"2\">Business Name </td>
    <td colspan=\"2\">Quote Needed By </td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td colspan=\"2\"><div class=\"businessname-q1\"><?php echo $_POST['businessname']; ?></div></td>
    <td colspan=\"2\"><div class=\"quoteneed-q1\"><?php echo $_POST['quoteneededby']; ?></div></td>
  </tr>
</table>

</div>
</div>
</form>
";

echo $message;

?>

It works just fine for me without putting it into a variable, but with what I am trying to acomplish I get this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING

The line it is referring to is the first retrieval and there is too many ors for me to understand what's wrong

<td colspan=\"2\"><div class=\"businessname-q1\"><?php echo $_POST['businessname']; ?></div></td>

Why is this, and what am I missing?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.