[SOLVED] Check mysql database for data

monkeybidz

Need to check if some info matches from mysql database in two tables to see if the current session user is on a friends list for the profile page he or she is viewing. If they do not exist in field, return an error. Here is the structure and what i got so far:

Table Name 1: sbdtng_favorites

Field: sb_uid

Field: sb_offer_id

Table Name 2: sbdtng_members

Field: sb_id

Field: sb_private

Just trying to basically see if:

$_SESSION['sbdtng_userid'] matches any id in $sb_offer_id for user $idsoftbiz only when $idsoftbiz has profile set to private.

$sql = "SELECT * FROM `sbdtng_favorites`, `sbdtng_members` WHERE sb_id='$idsoftbiz' AND sb_uid='$idsoftbiz' AND sb_private='Yes' AND sb_offer_id=$sb_offer_id ";

if($sb_private =='Yes' && $_SESSION['sbdtng_userid'] != $sb_offer_id){
  header("Location: gen_confirm.php?errmsg=".urlencode("This user has profile set to private. Only friends can view this page.<BR><a href=".addme_request.php.">Click here to request to be added.</a>"));
die();
}

<?php

if (!isset($_SESSION['generated']))
    $_SESSION['generated'] = time();
else { // if the session is not allowed to live more, regenerate it
    if (time() - $_SESSION['generated'] > ini_get('session.gc_maxlifetime'))
        $_SESSION = array('generated' => time());
}
?> 

try using if not isset else header

The $_SESSION['sbdtng_userid'] is recognized fine by the page as a session user, the problem here is i need to find a match in database as sb_offer_id so if the session user does not match any in the sb_offer_id, they cannot view this page. This is just something i am trying to add-on.

That did not work either. I tried this, and it gets pretty close.

$sql = "SELECT * FROM sbdtng_members WHERE sb_id=$idsoftbiz AND sb_private=sb_private";

$res = mysql_query($sql);
$row = mysql_fetch_array($res);

$sb_private = $row['sb_private']; 

$sql2 = "SELECT * FROM sbdtng_favorites WHERE sb_uid=$idsoftbiz AND sb_offer_id=".$_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"];
$res2=mysql_query($sql2);
if(mysql_num_rows($res2) > 0 && $sb_private == 'Yes'){
    header("Location: gen_confirm.php?errmsg=".urlencode("This user has profile set to private. Only friends can view this page.<BR><a href=".addme_request.php.">Click here to request to be added.</a>"));
die();
}

What is wrong here? I think the problem lies here, but what do i know:

sb_offer_id=".$_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"];

Im going nuts with this thing. LOL!

I tried different senarios, and have determined that $_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"] is not being accepted in the query at all. Could it be because of the quotes?

I used it like this:

$sql2 = "SELECT * FROM sbdtng_favorites WHERE sb_uid=$idsoftbiz AND sb_offer_id=".$_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"];

Notice how i did not use bouble quote at the end, but used it in front of .$_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"]

Thats how the designers of this script have it throughout the site, and seems to work fine for whatever reasone everywhere else exept in this page.

Just need to check if sb_offer_id is like $_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"].

I have changed the code up some more, but let me know if you see anything wrong.

$uid=$_SESSION["sbdtng_userid"];

$sb_sbq_off='select * from sbdtng_favorites where sb_uid=$idsoftbiz and sb_offer_id=$uid';	
$sbrs_off_softbiz=mysql_query($sb_sbq_off);
$softbiz_sbid_list='-1';
$softbiz_sbid_list.=",".$sbrow_off["sb_offer_id"];

$sbq1_offsoftbiz="select * from sbdtng_members where sb_offer_id in ($softbiz_sbid_list) and sb_suspended='no'";
$s_b_sbrs1_off=mysql_query($sbq1_offsoftbiz);

if($softbiz_sbid_list<>$uid && $sb_private == 'Yes'){
    header("Location: gen_confirm.php?errmsg=".urlencode("This user has profile set to private. Only friends can view this page.<BR><a href=addme_request.php? >Click here to request to be added.</a>"));
die();
}

$sb_sbq_off="SELECT * FROM 'sbdtng_favorites' WHERE sb_uid=$idsoftbiz and sb_offer_id=$uid";
$sbrs_off_softbiz=mysql_query($sb_sbq_off);

what is the following code do?

$softbiz_sbid_list="-1";

That section was to look like this:

$softbiz_sbid_list='-1';
while( $sbrow_off=mysql_fetch_array($sbrs_off_softbiz) )
{
}

But, it returns:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result

Well, I got a hold of the writers of the script, and found that they provide custom work. They have not gotten back to me yet, but i guess i will have to wait. I know it is hard for you guys to help others when you have no idea what we are talking about. Someone send me an email saying i should have just said it is like myspace, where if you are not a friend you cannot view profile.

Thanks a lot for your help. It is very appreciated.

I will post a result for those whom have doubts or are wondering what i was talking about. I am throwing in the towl for now and cracking open a brew.

<?php
$sb_sbq_off="SELECT * FROM sbdtng_favorites WHERE sb_uid IN
($idsoftbiz) and sb_offer_id IN($uid)";
$sbrs_off_softbiz=mysql_query($sb_sbq_off);?>

tell me if this works?

or even

$sb_sbq_off="SELECT * FROM sbdtng_favorites WHERE sb_uid=$idsoftbiz
  and sb_offer_id=$uid";

<?php ///if uid not equal sblist and set to yes
if($softbiz_sbid_list!=$uid || $sb_private == 'Yes'){
    header("Location: gen_confirm.php?errmsg=".urlencode
("This user has profile set to private. Only friends can view this page.
<BR><a href=addme_request.php? >Click here to request to be added.</a>"));
die();
}?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.