[SOLVED] how to test for image upload presence where there are several form items

brianstorm

Hi,

I am attempting to create a php / mysql data entry page which also has an image upload function. It all works fine apart from where I have no image to upload (which may be the case).... I have a form of the following type

method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">';

with this item in the form  echo  '<input type="file" name="image">';

which is processed on another page... so I am looking for something along the lines of  this

if(isset($_POST['image'])) {  run my image upload code }

but this doesn't seem to work.... all the image upload code I have seen tests for the value of the submit button, which in this case will always exist... I really don't want to have more than one form if it can be avoided... if anyone can help point me in the right dircetion it would be greatly apperecciated....

many thanks

brian....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.