Class Includes returning Non-Objects (File Structure Problem)

electricshoe

I'm building an application that pulls in other applications in the document, and I'm having a bit of a file structure problem calling in classes with includes.

I'm a huge noob with file structure and using classes.

The problem exactly is that oscommerce is in a separate directory than the main script.

The index builds out a file, which includes all of the oscommerce header stuff, then custom template things, and then includes the body of the oscommerce. When I run a simplified version of the script in the root folder of the oscommerce installation it works fine.

But when I run oscommerce in a different folder and include the files into the script it breaks and gives me a

"Call to a member function display_price() on a non-object in filepath/file.php on line 33"

Is there anyway to get around this? Because I'm going to be cramming a lot of applications together in this script and I want each one to be in a separate folder and I include them into the script that runs in the root directory.

Currently the file structure looks like this:

root :: mainscript

root/modules :: custom modules

root/modules/include :: custom includes

root/modules/store/ :: oscommerce

root/modules/anyotherapp/  :: any other application i may want to include

so the script references files in different folders and includes them all into the main page builder. What can I do, I'm completely clueless here and having a hard time pinning down a tutorial that covers this.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help A LOT  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.