Classes Uncallable from Files included inside functions.

electricshoe

I'm modifying a copy of oscommerce to work with a template system I'm building. This template system basically just includes a list of files in the order they are specified in the database and sets their permissions etc.

It includes the files through a function, which is limiting the included files from referencing objects/classes/anything.

This works:

include("store_session.php");
include("../includes/header.php");
include("index.php");

This Does Not Work:

function includeThis() {include("store_session.php");}
function includeThat() {include("../includes/header.php");}
function includeThisToo() {include("index.php");}

includeThis();
includeThat();
includeThisToo();

It returns call to non-object errors on all of the classes. My code is a bit more complex than this, but I have tested the above code and it doesn't work.

How can I use includes inside a function and have their class structure still work? Do I need to rethink how the program works? I hope I don't.

Here's the page builder function:

function pagebuilder()
{
//Load the current page info
query("thispage","pages","id","=",$page,'','','');
queryData("thispage");
//echo 'This Page ID:'.$GLOBALS['thispage']['id'].'<br>This template id: '.$GLOBALS['thispage']['template'].'<br>';

//Load the current page template
query("template","templates","id","=",$GLOBALS['thispage']['template'],'','','');
queryData("template");

//Load module stack - This builds the whole page
query("mod","templatemodules","templateid","=",$GLOBALS['template']['id'],"position","ASC",0);

while ($GLOBALS['modrows'] > 0)
{	
	queryData("mod");
	//echo '<br><p><b>Module Function Run</b></p>';
	moduleBuilder($GLOBALS['mod']['id']);
}

} 

Basically I get the page id -> get the template id -> get all the 'modules' with that template id and then use the moduleBuilder() function to load all the modules. How can I do this and not get non object errors?

Thanks soooo much in advance, I'm completely in the dark on this one ???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.