Password'ed page

hungryOrb

Well what you can do is you could if the page. You can have two files, one with the ifs and one with the entire page you want to protect. Than if the inputted password matches yours than it includes the file you are protecting.

if (isset($_GET['password']))

{

echo "You are not able to access this page";

}

elseif ($_GET['password'] != $yourpassword)

{

echo "Incorrect password";

}

else

{

$password = 1;

include_once "filelocation";

}

than on that actual page you are protecting you can have

if ($password != 1)

{

echo "Please login"; //or whatever

}

else

{

?>

Entire Page Code // Put your Entire Page code here

<?php

}

?>

There are many ways to do it better than this... I'm still learning myself as well.

Thats using a form with an input for the password ye?

Do you know how a prompt box could be used instead? If the value from a prompt box can be inserted onto the end of the link ie: control.php?id=" <| INSERT HERE |> "

That would be cooL! If using an <a> tag, can display a prompt and then, hm , not sure :/

What I do is have a login page followed by a PHP verify page. On failure go back to logon page.

If Ok set a session variable and redirect to home page. All pages check for session variable. if not there then re-direct to login. nobody can look at any page unless first loged on.

Desmond.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.