[SOLVED] another sessions question

skein

well i made a log in system with sessions. But when I close the window and open a new one the system starts another session and doesn't delete the other one. Is there a way to make it use the old session or is there a way to delete the old session if the window closes becouse it takes up space to (thou very little)?

The old session is being deleted after the number of seconds that is set in the session.gc_maxlifetime directive. session.gc_maxlifetime is defaulted to 1440 (IE 24 minutes). So if you want, you could lower the value of session.gc_maxlifetime. But as far as it goes to garbage collection and handling memory, PHP does a pretty good job on it's own so there's no need to intervene in my opinion.

Orio.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.