Display content from remote server.

mattcairns

Hello Everyone,

I've been researching (Googling  ;)) all day, and have not been able to find a definite answer. So I am turning to my trusted friends here. I am trying to display the output of a php script from a remote server on my site. The remote script is pulling entries out of a mySQL database and simply printing them out to be used on the main page. I'll include my reasoning at the bottom in case you are not interested. I am not interested in passing any variables but just getting the output to display on my site. I have control over both servers, and allow_url_fopen is turned on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attempt at a Graphical Example

REMOTE SCRIPT

+-----+-----+-----+-----+

|  img |  img |  img |  img |

+-----+-----+-----+-----+

MY SITE [wish to include remote output]

+-----------------------------------------+

|          +------------------------+          |

|          | include remote output    |          |

|          |                                  |          |

|          |      OTHER INFO          |          |

+-----------------------------------------+

Sorry if that was annoying, but i thought it might be helpful. Now the reason I want to do this is because my company is hosting an application that handles one aspect of the sites content. It is important for us to keep this application on our server for security purposes, but we are also creating a new website for the client and would like to allow this application to update the site on their server.  Thank you for your time.

Matt

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.