Trying to Catch an Invalid Image File

brent123456

I am having trouble trying to get and invalid image. I made a text file then named it test.jpg to test with. I can't seem to find a way to check it i have tried at a lot of test and they fail. I have tried

if (getimagesize($_FILES['image']['name'])) { 

that gives me..

Warning: getimagesize(test.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

I have tried checking

$_FILES['image']['type']

Could someone help me out please.

imagealphablending()  you may try to use this function to check the image file,  and if the result is FALSE.  Most likely the source is not a proper image file.

imagealphablending() allows for two different modes of drawing on truecolor images. In blending mode, the alpha channel component of the color supplied to all drawing function, such as imagesetpixel() determines how much of the underlying color should be allowed to shine through. As a result, gd automatically blends the existing color at that point with the drawing color, and stores the result in the image. The resulting pixel is opaque. In non-blending mode, the drawing color is copied literally with its alpha channel information, replacing the destination pixel. Blending mode is not available when drawing on palette images. If blendmode is TRUE, then blending mode is enabled, otherwise disabled. Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure.

Warning: Wrong parameter count for imagealphablending() in C:\myxampp\xampp\htdocs\seedswaps\site_pages\includes\processaddseeds.php on line 133

I tried using the imagealphablending like this and got the warning above.

$test = imagealphablending($_FILES['image']['name']);
                        echo $test;

I am having a hard time trying to figure this one out.

I am not sure if this is the correct way but I couldn't find anything that would not check the file and give me a warning error so i just suppressed the error with an '@' before

@getimagesize($_FILES['image']['name']

so it will still do the check but not give me a warning and full pass discloser. If anyone knows a better way to handle it I would enjoy hearing it. Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.