New to PHP.. Form to HTML

jkorty

I have a website for my friends and me to guess scores for football games.  I have been updating it trying to get it to the point where I don't personally have to go in and change all the scores myself.  I setup a test page and it works, the only problem is when I come back the changes aren't still there.  I understand why this is happening, but wondered if there was a way to make the PHP sent to the page stay there?

http://purduefantasy.freehostia.com/week7.php ... the only user that is setup to change right now is Jon Korty...

I think by looking at the link you will get the idea of what I'm trying to do... hopefully.. any help or ideas would be appreciated... Thanks!

thing is php is a server sice written script as you know. After running a users request, and user leaves site. the script goes back to it's original state.

the only ways to permanently store information is either flat files or a database.

with a database you'd have it dothe following

retrive score from a database

show if on display or if someone got a question correct you'd want to $i++ on it and store the altered database entry

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.