ECommerce

Mr P!nk

I have my first ECommerce site coming up,  and i want to know what's the best way to do it?

do i get a shopping cart from the net and work around that or do i create/code it all myself?

What're the security risks for both of the above options?

if i were to use a custom shopping cart from the net, which is the best to choose?

And if i were to code my own Cart where should i begin?

Any input would be greatly appreciated  :)

P!nk

Wow that's actually really helpfull,I will give that a go, dosen't look to hard to follow either

also nice site (Y).

can anyone else give me info on problems they had and what helped them?  :D

just so i have a better understanding of what im up against.

thanks

P!nk

I think I'd be too concerned with security to create my own shopping cart.

If you even have to think about it, I'd go with one of the well known shopping cart programs off the 'net.

I personally wouldn't buy from a website that had a "home made" shopping cart without security licenses.

if ur looking at ecommerce i would say look at oscommerce

oscommerce if a free open source shop ( including template systems, payment methods, stock control, newsletters, and many more ) it has great online forums much like this one ! where u can request a module for your site and someone will build it to your every need ! oscommerce also allows lots of payment methods including

- credit card

- cheque

- paypal

- google cart

- direct debit

and more

its the best thing i found out there for any problems and what the hell its free  :) doesnt get nicer than that

as for security great site to work with and well set out so things are easy to change ! when new bugs and security problems are found * POOOF * new patch on their website for you to get rid of said threats

and still all free lol

hope this helps

mike

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.