Collapsible Menus

brittny85

I have a client who wants a menu that collapses rather than dropping down.  Does anyone know how to make this work?  I know how to do it with actual dropdowns but I can't find a good way to make them collapse.  You can see the site as it is currently here: http://techiechic.net/osnews/home.php

It's the left menu that should collapse.  It should render in such a way that the secondary navigation links are the only ones that show up until the user rolls over the navigation item, at which point the sub navigation (the ones labeled "secondary link") are displayed, pushing the other "secondary navigation links" down.  The second "secondary navigation" link shows the desired expanded state and the other two are obviously the collapsed state.

Is is possible to do this with css?  If not, does anyone have a recommended way to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.