mailing with a link

thmar

I'm doing an web application,sort of a loaning equipment application, shopping cart in another word. Now, i'm stuck and figuring out an issue. My application flow is lyk dis.

user apply loan->onClick submit button, a mail will be send to administrator to inform and in the mail, there is to be a link which allows the administrator to go straight into a page of my application to audit the stock(this is the step which i'm trying to figure it out)

How am i suppose to do such that i can provide the link in the mail to go straight to 1 of the page in my application securely??

Can any1 help me with this tnx alot!!

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Add a $_GET variable onto the url that you email to the administrator, then add a check to see if that variable is set on the page that the administrator ends up at. If the variable is set, have the script react accordingly.

For example - someone orders item number 1. The page the administrator needs to look at is goods.php.

Send this link to the admin: http://www.yoursite.com/goods.php?item=1

Then in goods.php add this code:

<?php
    if(isset($_GET['item']))
        {
            $query = "SELECT something FROM sometable WHERE item_number='". $_GET['item'] . "'";
            ///query the database appropriately here
        }

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.