easy question writting text doc

koolaid

Hey guys. I have a little problem. I have php writing flash variabeles to a text doc. This works great. After it writes the text doc i need flash to pull this text doc and display it, but in order to do that i need to either remove the "_searchKey =" (that's the first line the php writes to the text doc), or put a piece of text before it. Not sure how to do this with this script, but i am sure this is easy for you php wizards.  :)

<?php

///my flash variables

$_POST["repsName"] . $_POST["clientsName"]. $_POST["clientsPhone"]. $_POST["clientsUrl"]. $_POST["shortDescroption"]. $_POST["longDescription"];

$folder = "./files/".$_POST["clientsName"]."/";

if(!is_dir($folder)) mkdir($folder, 0755);

$mode = file_exists($folder.'user_input.txt')?'a':'w'; // append if file exists otherwise create it

$fp = fopen($folder.'user_input.txt',$mode);  // open file

foreach($_POST as $K=>$V)

{

fwrite($fp, "$K = $V\r\n");  // dump the contents of the $_POST array to the file

}

fclose($fp);

?>

/////this is an example of the text doc that it writes

_searchKey = 33022

repsName = matt paxton

clientsName = jellybeans

clientsPhone = 6107972477

clientsUrl = jellybeans.com

shortDescription = short

longDescription = long

First, code tags are your friend.  Please use them.

Here's a quick and dirty solution.

<?php

///my flash variables
$_POST["repsName"] . $_POST["clientsName"]. $_POST["clientsPhone"]. $_POST["clientsUrl"]. $_POST["shortDescroption"]. $_POST["longDescription"];
if(!is_dir($folder)) mkdir($folder, 0755);

$mode = file_exists($folder.'user_input.txt')?'a':'w'; // append if file exists otherwise create it
$fp = fopen($folder.'user_input.txt',$mode);  // open file
foreach($_POST as $K=>$V)
{
  if($K != '_searchKey')
  {
    fwrite($fp, "$K = $V\r\n");  // dump the contents of the $_POST array to the file
  }
}
fclose($fp);
?>

Some other problems with your script.

What is this line supposed to do?

Here you potentially give access to any file on your server.  Pretend I entere a clientsName of "../../etc".

Thanks dude. Sorry about the code tags. I am not exactly sure what i was doing with that line of code. I just started trying to learn php about a week ago. I ordered some books online waiting for them now. I appreciate your help! I will give it a shot.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.