page layout

chiprivers

I am wondering if somebody might be able to advise on the best way out to script the layout of my page.  I want to display some thumbnail images in a grid of 4 columns across and upto 4 rows down.  I will be displaying from the results of a query and with upto 12 records returned for each page display.

How would be the best way to loop through the results so that I can display them in the desired way.  Note also that I am trying to use CSS for layout the best I can instead of using tables.

If your talking HOW TO MAKE the images display 4x4, use for loops

<?php
for ($x=0; $x<4; $x++)
{
  echo "<tr>";
  echo "<td>pic</td>";
  echo "<td>pic</td>";
  echo "<td>pic</td>";
  echo "<td>pic</td>";
  echo "</tr>";
}?>

It's going to take a little more work then that since they are pulling this data from the DB. If they were manually putting the images into the HTML, then your way would work fine. The link I posted above will show exactly how to format it from results from the database.

It's going to take a little more work then that since they are pulling this data from the DB. If they were manually putting the images into the HTML, then your way would work fine. The link I posted above will show exactly how to format it from results from the database.

Thanks pocobueno1388, that was just what I was looking for.  I'm fine with the pagination (I think), but just wasn't sure of best way to sort out the dynamic display in columns.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.