Creating Trivia Game, Need Advice Please

scott botkins

I already have database holding the users who registered on the website. What I'm wanting to do next is create a trivia game which is pretty simple, it will hold unlimited questions each with 4 options. When users go to the page to play, it will show 1 question at a time, if they get it right they will get 5 points. I would there points to be stored in a database and I plan on having a page showing the top 10 users in points. Would this pretty simple to make? What would you recommend using or doing?

Trivia games on websites are difficult to make 'fun' because all the answers are readily Googled.

If you want to proceed, take the advice I give out daily: don't re-invent the wheel.

Something like this has already been done, and all you have to do is find it, then modify it to fit your userbase and website scheme. That's about 200 hrs less work than starting from scratch.

PhREEEk

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.