I need help

indyonline

Well, assuming you have already printed "Hello World!", the very next step is to have a 'need' for something that PHP can accomplish. Then you need to map out some simple logic to get that 'need' accomplished. Then you can start trying some things to get there. Then you will have questions. Then you will post those questions. Then we will answer. = D

PhREEEk

wow thats a very long explaination. just google php search tutorials...

its quite a big feat to get there if you just started but if you go through some tutorials you can figure it out. you will most likely need to incorporate mysql too... which is another big function....

Thank you for the suggestions. Is php similar to javascipt, where you create like a search box for your page that search's the Mysql database to show results?  I have recipe Databases and I want a page that searches and a page that shows results or both on the same page.

It has the same code base and syntax almost, except javascript is a client-side script which means it doesn't go through a server first like PHP, which is server-side. So they have different functionality. You can't use databases and things like that with javascript only PHP.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.