Lost connection to MySQL server during query

dingus

hey i am haveing an issue connecting to a mysql database i get the following error

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/cutencud/public_html/testing.php on line 1

now testing.php only has one line and it looks like this

<?php mysql_connect("66.97.165.60", "root", "") ?>

anyone know what would cause that? (and i removed the password before posting

ok we didnt learn that much new output is

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/cutencud/public_html/testing.php on line 2

Could not connect: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

which dosent realy give us much more infomration but it was a good idea thanks

somthing more interesteing is that the same script works fine localy on the server any ideas?

the sql server is my own the php file is running from shared hosting.....

basicly what i an trying to do is port the database over th the VPS i am useing and point the scripts there at the new database

move the files over

that way while i wait for dns to update (After changeing it) i have both sites live on one database so there will be no problem

ok, are you sure the machine that has the sql server is setup to allow connections externally. If you can run the script from the host machine and not from a remote machine it suggests there is a problem with either the firewall or the sql server setting. But i am not sure to be honest. Try google

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.