[SOLVED] form to mysql - confirmation page?

dinvinci

What is the best way to accomplish this? I can think of some ways but want to choose the most efficient. A user will fill out this form:

http://jwchendersonville.org/referral.php

And then when they click submit they would get a confirmation page looking something like this:

http://jwchendersonville.org/confirmation.php

Then they could click a "Confirm submission" button to complete the process, or else go back and correct anything they need to.

Would I send these referrals to a different table, or to the same table but with a field named confirm set to a special value...  ???

TIA!

Don't post it to the database until they click on confirm.  Just make a button/link that takes the user back to the previous page using their browsers back button.  If I remember correctly, it is:

<a href="javascript:history.back(1)">BACK</a>

That is the simplest way to do it.

Don't post it to the database until they click on confirm.  Just make a button/link that takes the user back to the previous page using their browsers back button.  If I remember correctly, it is:

<a href="javascript:history.back(1)">BACK</a>

That is the simplest way to do it.

He's taking about the best way too put the information in his database.

I'm a "she"  ;D

I figured it out. Before submitting to the database, I send the user to a confirmation page which lists all the fields they entered on the previous page, nicely formatted. The code looks like this:

echo "<td>".$_POST['child1name']."</td>";

Then I have that same value in a hidden form field like this:

<input type="hidden" value="<? echo $_POST['child1name']?>" name="child1name">

The user can either hit back to go change anything, or click Confirm to put all the hidden fields into the database. It works great.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.