[SOLVED] Strange problem on new server

ryanh_106

Hi,

Im not sure if this is a MyAQL problem, PHP problem or webserver problem but im hoping someone can help!

I have been using a web system I created for ages on a linux fasthosts dedicated server runnin apache, PHP5 and MySQL with no issues, I have a local copy of it running on my local computer using XAMPP (apache, php5, MySQL). I am now trying to get it running on a roaming demo system which is using Windows Server 2003, IIS for web system (computer also running Apache Tomcat as this is required for something else so cant use Apache for web system), PHP5 and MySQL.

All of a sudden I get the following error

Incorrect date value: '' for column 'user_birthdate' at row 1

The user_birthdate box is actually hidden on the registration page to simplify the reg process, I would REALLY rather work out what part of the system config is making this happen than change the code to fix it as it is supposed to be a demo of the live system which works fine.

Can anyone offer any ideas? Im sorry if I didnt explain that very well, feel free to ask any more questions

Thanks

Ryan

The database is just a dump of the live one, just double checked and Not Null is definately not set. Database is the same, code is the same, just now for some reason its not accepting '' as a date so I can only assume that there is something in the config.

The value is coming straight from a text box.

Cheers

live is 5.0.27, demo system (the one with the problem) is 5.0.45 Community Edition

I assume linux server is community edition but it came with the server and doesnt specifically say, just says "14.12 Distrib 5.0.27"

Im not sure where to look for the configuration, as the live system is Linux and my local system was created by XMAPP so i cant find my.ini, even with search...

Cheers

Sorted it!

It was an SQL-MODE issue, the use of STRICT_TRANS_TABLES by the demo system meant that the date value '' was not accepted.

Changed SQL mode to match live system (its mode found using the query SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%mode%';) and everything worked

Thanks for all your help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.