[SOLVED] PHP CHAT ROOMS

daveh33

Hi,

I have a project design a chat room in php - I have followed a tutorial and have set up a script, here: -

http://snipurl.com/1ssas

It uses iframes but as a requirement of my project is to have this working on a mobile phone..

You can see the source code for all the files at: -

http://code.jenseng.com/jenChat/

Can anyone suggest the best way to make it compatible on other browsers, maybe an alternative to iframes?

Also I would be interested to hear your views and opinions and on the JenChat script or if there is another script you prefer

compatible will be a problem, ie non javascript browers etc.. you can remove the iframe and use purely AJAX's, but no matter what route i think of your going to have atleast some compatible issules or a flickering page..

do you have a idea of the standard spec you wish to work to (ie the browser spec for mobile phones)

Yes well ideally it would need to be compatible with the most standard mobile phone browsers - I got the below information on the handset I am testing on:

The handset comes with a wap-browser version 2.0 (NetFront 3.2), whose fundamental improvement is support for JavaScript, fonts scaling (three types), Smart-Fit (single-column view), full-screen mode (all controls are hidden), page caching. Although it has its own demons, for example doesn’t feel too good in handling formatting of huge pages. But for Samsung’s range it is the best inbuilt browser we have seen so far.

Obviously its not going to be the same standard as a chat room online - but just looking for a basic system that will actually work

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.