date ()

jandrews3

I'm sorry. I'm really pretty new at this...

The following code: date®; is returning  Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:54:06 -0600

That is MOST DEFINITELY not the case. It's an hour behind, but The GMT -0600 is correct so the only thing I can think of is that the server is gathering its time info from a source no longer in daylight saving. I checked date(O) and got a zero (indicating no longer in daylight saving). Is there a way to force this issue? I know its only another 6 days, but I have students who post questions much like this forum, and I want the times to be accurate.

I'm in the central United States. My timezone is Central Standard Time. I'm afraid I don't know how to change my timezone. But even so, date (T) identifies my timezone correctly as CST. It's just an hour behind. Right now, it is 18:24:43, but date ® shows Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:24:43 -0600. Again, the -0600 is right, but the server seems to be giving the time without daylight saving. The US passed a law this year changing our daylight saving date to next week as opposed to this week. I guess it is likely that the server/company I'm using has not taken this into account. Date(I) returns 0 meaning daylight saving is not active. That is wrong. Our daylight saving ends next sunday. Oh well.

So actually what you're saying is that date(T) incorrectly identifies your timezone as CST, rather than correctly as CDT.

Same story for the -0600 offset.  CDT offset is -0500.

You could put in a workaround - http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.date-timezone-set.php

Or just call tech support for the server and notify them of the problem.

So actually what you're saying is that date(T) incorrectly identifies your timezone as CST, rather than correctly as CDT.

Same story for the -0600 offset.  CDT offset is -0500.

You could put in a workaround - http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.date-timezone-set.php

Or just call tech support for the server and notify them of the problem.

its never "wrong" Period, just not what you desire.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.