PHP Module Suddenly Stopped Loading...

jajtiii

This nightmare just started happening last night...

I have PHP (5.2.3) & MySQL (5.0) on my development laptop (XP Professional). I am running about 6 web applications on it, each with a MySQL backend. This setup has been working for around 5 years (although the current PHP version has probably only been on the box for the last 6 months or something, whereas the MySQL version has been on the box for nearly a year - I think..)

To put some perspective around this, I have probably installed and setup many dozens of php/mysql instances on any windows flavor you can think of. I have some experience here.

But, all of a sudden (on a known working installation), php started kicking out an error saying that 'Call to undefined function mysql_connect'.

Someone alarmed (well, frustrated), I simply downloaded the latest php and reinstalled it. Went through all of the motions, dropping the mysql library in the system path, setting the iwam and iusr to read/execute, etc... Still getting this error...

I honestly can't think of anything that I have done to this box recently, outside of a Navicat install (old version) that I have removed. McAfee no doubt has updated as well, but I am hoping that is not the problem. Is there, perhaps, a Windows hotfix out there that might cause issues? Any other ideas?

any help would really be appreciated...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.