[SOLVED] issuing multiple queries with PDO

mkosmosports

Hey,

I want to issue multiple queries in my script using PDO. All of of these queries will either retrieve one row with multiple columns or one row with one column, so I am using either fetch or fetchColumn to get the data.

Now, I ran into an error message telling me: "General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active. Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll()."

If there is only one row being retrieved (and I know this for sure), how is it that unbuffered queries are still active?

And whats the most effective way to get around this? I can use fetchAll or loop with fetchColumn or call PDOStatement->closeCursor(); after each query data retrieval statement.

Anyone else encounter this? Any advice?

Thanks.

Ya know, not showing everyone what you did to fix this doesn't help people in the future who may have the same question. In my case, when using PDO with multiple queries, I always had to make sure that at the end of each query the object was deleted. For instance:

$pdo1 = $pdo->query("SELECT * FROM tipsntricks WHERE tipNum = '$tipPage'");
$picRow = $pdo1->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);
extract($picRow);
echo "	<title>Tips & Tricks - Tip # {$_GET['tip']} - $tipTitle</title>
<meta name='description' content='$tipBlurb' />";
$pdo1 = null; //HERE
$pdo5 = $pdo->prepare("SELECT * FROM tipsntricks WHERE tipType = '$tipCat' ORDER BY tipNum DESC");
$pdo5->execute();
$num_rows = count($pdo5->fetchAll());
if ($num_rows != 0){
	echo "	<li class='prodcat'><h3>" . ucfirst($tipCat) . "</h3>
		<ul>";
	foreach ($pdo->query("SELECT * FROM tipsntricks WHERE tipType = '$tipCat' ORDER BY tipNum DESC") as $row) {
		echo "<li><a href='http://www.whatever.tv/tips/". $row['tipNum'] . ".php5'>" . $row['tipTitle'] . " </a></li>";
	}
echo "	</ul>
	</li>";
}
$pdo5 = null; //HERE

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.