[SOLVED] Blog/Articles Sort by Category

luxe

Hey guys,

Im a total php beginner, so I decided to practice doing a sort of blog site with cms.  The problem I am having specifically is that when I view the articles I've posted, I want to be able to sort them by category using a jump menu I created with the categories populated through the db.

Attached are my files including an sql file for the two db's I've linked together.

The file in question is located in admin/view_article.php and lines 66-69.

I've been stumped on this thing for weeks, and if anyone can figure it out....I'd tell them they were awesome and kiss their ass for the next week or so.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The lines you need to edit are 64-73

they are as follows:

mysql_select_db($database_hogAdmin, $hogAdmin);

if ( $myTopic = ""){
$myTopic = "`year` ASC" ;
} else {
$myTopic = "WHERE topic = " . $id_topart;
}

$query_getArticles = "SELECT * FROM blg_article_art INNER JOIN blg_topic_top ON idtop_art=id_top $myTopic ORDER BY" .$myTopic;

Let me know if you need some explanation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.