[SOLVED] update multiple records with one form submission

jaxdevil

I have a table that contains a list of bidders (a live auction house, not an online auction), the lots they won at the auction, and the total cost of each lot, after they have paid i have the current php scripting displaying their credit card transaction code, etc. On the script to locate them for checkout it search for all the fields where the 'Bidder Number' equals their bidder number. basicly for each item they purchase one new row is inserted, it contains the ID (the primary key), the bidder number, the lot number, and the total for that lot. So if they purchase 5 items there are 5 different rows that contain that info. The checkout script locates every field where they are the bidder. What I need to do now is after their payment is completed I can submit the data via a form and it will change the column 'paid' to yes, and the column 'auth' to their authorization code from the credit card transaction. How would I do this? the query i use now to get a loop of all their lots and insert them into the credit card processing for is as follows...

$sql = "SELECT * FROM checkout WHERE bidnum=$bidder AND paid='no'";

I need to update the accounts the same way, updating all the fields from 'checkout' where 'bidnum' = $bidder and 'paid' = no.

Thanks in advance for help!

SK

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.