[SOLVED] Maximum execution time error out of the blue, no recent changes

Rheves

So my Users table has gone and broke, throwing up this error when accessed through php: "Warning:  mssql query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in C:\Inetpub\WebSites\premierathome com\ProcesslogIn.php

on line 40

Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\WebSites\premierathome com\ProcesslogIn.php on line 40"

Other tables in the database can be accessed without problem, so I try to access the table in SQL Database Manager and get this error: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired" even when I just try to get the top 5 entries which have been there for ages.

I decided to try exporting it to an excel file to get a look at it, which worked, and after looking at the recent entries back to an entry I know for certain wasn't causing a problem I'm at a loss. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, all the recent entries are fine, I had it in my mind that some bizarre username or something was screwing it up but it's all good.

Does anyone know what to try at this point? I've contacted the host, but they're slow to respond and this needs to be fixed asap.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.