?Making a Closed Forum? (I'll clarify)

sonichedgehog360

In what I mean by a closed forum, I want it to NOT to be open to viewing by the public, and it requiring a password for registration that must be given by the site owner (maybe a rolling code and DEFINITELY ENCRYPTED) so not anyone can register.

In short, I want it to be safe message board that is just for certain people in the organization I belong.  If this doesn't exist, maybe then someone can help an existing PHP forum design into such.

Well you could mod BB to do it, basically make a table that is called Board Viewers, and people are invited to it and if you aren't in it your not allowed to see.  basically you would have

ThreadID, UserID

and it just would be select conut(*) from `table` where ThreadID = ''.$thread."' and UserID = '".$userid."'";

and if you get a match its good to view otherwise error it out.

Yes, try to register at my forums:

http://sad.bdcpaging.com

If you don't know the Keyword, you can't register.

PHPBB2 Forums already do that.

So, visitors can be specified to no access and an additional security password (w/ rolling code and only available via word of mouth) with a PHPBB2 forum, correct?  I'm a newbie to this whole forum game so explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know anything about Dreamweaver, but if you have FTP access to your host, it's pretty simple.

Yes, I got that.

Well, the forum is going to be a sub-site to a new Sonic the Hedgehog web site on putting on the web.  This sub-site won't have much to do with it, but I want to have the theme and navigation in harmony with the main site.  I also plan on linking secondary sites.  The idea is that the main site is a navigation or "subspace" page to a host of sub-sites.  I just need to get a development plan made so things work right.  I may seem annoying on the php freaks forums for a long while.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.