[SOLVED] Sending Mass Mail

MemphiS

I need to send 3000 messages out.  what would be the best way to tackle this?  Currenly i use php's mail(); function with a while loop.  This takes around 6 seconds just for 200 messages.  I would like to cut this down if possible.

Also is it possible to send html through mail? So its not just a boring text email.

Thanks ;)

Ability to send HTML mail doesn't mean the recipient is obligated to view it as HTML. Many people have that turned off in their mail clients. But yes, you can send it as HTML...

As far as speed goes, creative coding can speed things up a little (you didn't provide any code to review, so we cannot tell if you have an obvious bottleneck in it), but in reality, your server specs and load will dictate how fast any script will execute.

PhREEEk

php mail function was never designed to send bulk mail,

and your already doing it correctly using the while loop,

if this is for the admin to send the mail to clients then why

worrie speed not really inportant as long as everyone get there mail.

the other problam sending mail with html is your coding you need

to use various headers with php mail function to send html.......

please read the manual on mail function mate............

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.