Storing Site Verbiage in a Table

dprichard

I am setting up a site I want to use for a few clients.  I want to be able to edit the verbiage in a table and it update the language everywhere it is used sitewide.  I setup a table like this:

langid

langname

langecho

langstatus

I have the langid as the primary key with autoincrement on.  The name is what I use to identify it, then the langecho is the actual verbiage  and the langstatus is what is going I was going to use to say this is a top menu button, a left menu button, etc.  I have it as an int and have another table that stores what each int is for. 

What I would like to be able to do is query the table for the top menu include and pull out just the top menu items. 

$buttonlang = mysql_query("SELECT langname, langecho from language WHERE langstatus = 1") or die(mysql_error());
$return mysql_fetch_assoc($buttonlang);

Then in the page, assign the langecho to the variable for whatever is in the langname field so

$langname = $buttonlang['langecho']

and repeat it for all results so that the variable for langname has the value of the lang echo.

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I saw my post floating down the page and was worried it wouldn't get a reply.  Thank you for the pointing the disproportionate actions on my part.  I will try to give it a little more time in the future before bumping one of my posts.

I am trying to figure out how to assign the results from the langecho table to a variable named the results from the langname table so I can just echo out the langname and it show the informaiton from the langecho column.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.