dynamically populate form

thefortrees

Hi all,

I am tasked with creating a script that takes data submitted in a form on my site, goes to an external site, and populates the fields. For example, if I am at www.mysite.com, I fill out a form with my data (name, address, etc). On form submission, user is redirected to www.someotherdudessite.com and the fields are populated with data from my form. Any ideas where to start?

not really sure you can do this with php as it is a server side language.

you would need access to the other websites back end.

you might be able to accomplish something with Javascript as it is a client side language.

Not to sure about the security of it though, and there are alot of variables that come into play.

i.e. the name of the text field in the form would have to match that of yours. etc..

Interesting little script though, if you can get it working.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.