Adminiature- New Ajax Based MySQL administration tool

phptailor

Hi,

I have recently published the first version of Adminiature, a php5+mysqli/ajax based mysql administration tool. It's open-source (gpl'd) and completely free of charge.

I'd be glad if you'd download and beta-test it and provide feedback on this forum, and on the community pages of Adminiature as well.

Thanks in advance.

http://adminiature.chesssoft.net

Hi,

It's pretty much simpler than phpMyAdmin, and has less features, however it's kept as simple as possible, bringing a remarkable speed and performance.

Also as it's quite small (about 200kb) it can be a life saver when you don't have phpMyAdmin installed, and it can handle quite huge database files, without having to split them in parts.

:), sorry I'm testing it out now I'll edit with bugs.

Bugs:

1. Added a new database doesn't add a new database.

2. When you click a database, it lists the tables, but you can't click on the table name where you can view the add new rows into the table, you can only do that from the left side, would be really helpful if you added a link there.

3. Insert a new field doesn't insert a new field.

4. When there is no items in a table, or when a table is empty of rows, it will show a next url, and alerts something about XML.

5. Humm when you have a table with a unique id, auto increment, and you insert more then 2 values with the same id name that has auto increment you get a weird error when editing, then say you edit it it will show only one of the rows, then added another one it will show both rows with the same id.(just check if the  row is using auto increment, then check if theres more then one value with that same ID before inserting.)

6. Exporting a table sends me to a blank page, what is supposed to be happening?

7. Restore and download doesn't work for me.

Hi and thanks again for the feedback. I'm afraid the forum won't send me PM as I'm a newbie around here, however I dropped an email to your IM address.

I'll be releasing a newer version with bugfixes after having collected the bugs and fix them all, and will also add a login system.

1. Added a new database doesn't add a new database.

I cross-checked it and it seems to work good. Perhaps the user with which you are running adminiature doesn't have privilege to create a new database?

2. When you click a database, it lists the tables, but you can't click on the table name where you can view the add new rows into the table, you can only do that from the left side, would be really helpful if you added a link there.

I'm afraid I didn't totally understand the above one. You can perform any action regarding the tables from the "actions" field where you have icons for browse, structure, insert new, empty and drop tables.

3. Insert a new field doesn't insert a new field.

Fixed. You may add a new field clicking + icon after filling the textboxes.

4. When there is no items in a table, or when a table is empty of rows, it will show a next url, and alerts something about XML.

Fixed

5. Humm when you have a table with a unique id, auto increment, and you insert more then 2 values with the same id name that has auto increment you get a weird error when editing, then say you edit it it will show only one of the rows, then added another one it will show both rows with the same id.(just check if the  row is using auto increment, then check if theres more then one value with that same ID before inserting.)

Fixed

6. Exporting a table sends me to a blank page, what is supposed to be happening?

It's supposed to send a file. Note that adminiature doesn't work with IE. It only works with standards compliant browsers. e.g. firefox, swiftfox, epiphany, safari etc.

7. Restore and download doesn't work for me.

Probably it's about permissions. Try to change the perms for backup directory to 777, or if running on a windows system, I guess it has some similar permission options. (It's just a guess. I don't know much about windows)

8. When viewing the main page of a database, and click export the second option "..Or show the output below =>" when you click go and select drop table or drop table exists checkbox, it doesn't add it.

Fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.