Another mail() question

rempires

soo here we go, again  ;)

anyway, i'm trying to use th php mial function, i tried setting up postcast server and failed miserably... so i went the route of Microsoft's iis (ya, i'm a failure). so anyway i at first got that lovely like 550.XX... error so i went and set up a relay through the local host(127.0.1). know when i try to send the mail  it gives no error message or anything, but the place is end it to never receives it :( . i'm mainly trying yahoo, but i thought maybe there blocking me, so is ent it to a server antoehr one of my sites is osted on, and tht ever receive it eater.

BTW: i'm running WAMP + iis server smtp mail on windows XP pro(64bit)

$email = $row[0];
	$message = "I'm just a lonely test message, that won't work......";
	$from = "From: Destination Chicago <administrator@destinationC.com>";
	mail ($email, "Password Reset", $message, $from);

thanks, john

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\passwordRetrieval.php on line 126

hello, i found this on yahoo website

Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)

is there anyway i can do that?

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\wamp\www\passwordRetrieval.php on line 126

since the yaoo page said to use authentication, is there a way do you know if i can send my yahoo log in data this way, to authenticate me

ya, i set up phpmailer a few in ago

i get this error using port 25

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to smtp.mail.yahoo.com:25 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) in C:\wamp\www\includes\class.smtp.php on line 105

so i decided to change to 465 like yahoo says

There has been a mail error sending to me@yahoo.com

... i think i'm gonna try using the smtp server thatgmail offers and see if that woks any better, since have an account there

sigh so i'm trying to use phpmailer to do this know and i get an error generated by the php mailer

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\wamp\www\includes\class.smtp.php on line 146

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\wamp\www\includes\class.smtp.php on line 1024

There has been a mail error sending to me@yahoo.com

this only happens when i turn authentication on, which i guess makes sense,

but i do populate the vars

$mail->SMTPAuth = "true";

$mail->Username = "my username";

$mail->Password = "my pasword";

$mail->Port = 465;

... any idea what would be causing this error, as this appears to be on my servers side?

yup, i just tested sing outlook

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

pop.mail.yahoo.com

usign username, password

port 465 and an ssl connetion

i think the ssl connection is what's stopping me from doing this i php, is the a way i could make php do this ssl?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.