Safari font placement issues

Stickybomb

ok I am not really up on safari's issues, but for some reason some of my text in firefox and safari do not match up.

example i have a div with a background image applied to it. I am trying to align the text over a specific part of the background. However in safari the palcement is always higher or lower than that of safari.

if you take a look at the top left of the page there are two links

where you see

"Dealers, Click here to login."

for some reason the  links align properly in firefox but not safari. I tried setting an explicit line-height and all that but no luck.

any help on what I can do to fix this issue as well as prevent it in the future is surely welcome.

ok I am not really up on safari's issues, but for some reason some of my text in firefox and safari do not match up.

example i have a div with a background image applied to it. I am trying to align the text over a specific part of the background. However in safari the palcement is always higher or lower than that of safari.

if you take a look at the top left of the page there are two links

where you see

"Dealers, Click here to login."

for some reason the  links align properly in firefox but not safari. I tried setting an explicit line-height and all that but no luck.

any help on what I can do to fix this issue as well as prevent it in the future is surely welcome.

Perhaps you just need a doctype, i've run into that problem myself, toke awhile before i realized i forgot to type in the doctype.

Off-hand, i would say its a bad idea to position text on a background image, unless its container has a defined width/height in EM or %, because as soon as you change text-size, everything looks wired.

Where is this site you'r talking about?, i would considre using another way to posistion your text, i've found that "position:relative;" is better then using margin/padding, i almost never use padding on text, and usually i only use margin on my main content text; And list items, in the horizontal menu's.

If your doing a design with a navbar, then it would probably be the best choice to use "position:relative;" on your links, and then use top/right/bottom/left declarations as needed, in some cases you might need to use "position:absolute;" on the links, and "position:relative;" on the basement.

Try to eliminate any possible padding, and see if thats the source.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.