[SOLVED] Using require for DB connection details

james3302

I have taken over a job and one of my functions is updating and improving a website that creates reports from a Oracle DB. There are many php files and each of them has the DB connection details at the top of the file. I am wanting to make one file that has the connection details and require in each file, which would make it easier to update the connection details. I was told that in my php.ini that I had to update my include_path to say(oh yea php is installed on the c drive and the website data is on the g drive).

include_path ".;g:\website\inetpub\wwwroot\...";

I then copied that connection details out of one file and pasted it into a new file and named it SouthDBConnection.php(saved it at the above mentioned path).

I then placed the line of code

require('SouthDBConnection.php');

in place of the connection details.

it does not connect.

I have been using include instead to see whats going on. I tried putting echo "test"; into the SouthDBConnection.php file to see if it will echo onto the screen and it does not.

I have tried using

include_path ".g:\website\inetpub\wwwroot\...";

and

include_path "g:\website\inetpub\wwwroot\...";

and nothing works

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.