external rss feeds

jzdexta

Hi,

Im trying to connect specifically to

- http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/features/personalfinance

which is an rss feed on reuters about personal finance, the problems is that the code i get is about video feeds and not text based.

What i really want is to have a small window at the corner of the page to have live content scrolling upwards from the above listed feed but when i on any of the content it takes me to the above listed url.

Question is how do i go about that?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply (koen), first part answered

second part is, see the link will provide a whole page of information and thats not what im after.

I would like the information put in a dynamically scrolling listbar which if i click on either of the links i now get the whole page on the exact information i've clicked on. Is this possible? if the answer is yes, how do i go about it?

By the way most of the tutorials i have been going through have to receive a path upto the file extension question is how do i parse a path that looks like this:

-> feeds.mysite.org/../../feedlink?format=xml which doesn't have a precise file and extension?

Im just too confused already about this RSS issue... ???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.