Redirecting From A Content Page to Index

jaic

Hi All

I have this site that uses inline frames for every content page that follows from the index.htm page

I have a robots.txt file in place to stop all user-agents from crawling my site as if someone was to directly access a page other than the index.htm page, such as www.mydomain.com/page2.htm then they would only see the content on this page and not everything that goes around it (i.e. the main page with all the buttons, banner, adverts etc, etc.

I know that using i-frames is not the best thing, but when the site involves a lot of updating on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis it is so much easier to have these inner pages to edit rather than editing and re-formating everything else.

So, my question is...

Is there a some code that can be added to each page so that if a user was to directly access my site to that specific page (/page2.htm) that they would end up on index.htm from outside of the site, such as from a link from another site or through google for example, if i was to open the web up fully to all user-agents by removing the robots.txt file?

Peraps a script in the <head> section of each page would do it??

I have no idea where to start and it would be a great help if someone could show me the way!

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ja

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.