[SOLVED] Arrays Are In The Loop!

Crew-Portal

Okay I got my arrays set up so they look like:

<tr>
   <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN']['0']['STATUSTEXT']['0']['VALUE'] . "</td>
   <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN']['0']['PLAYERNAME']['0']['VALUE'] . "</td>
   <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN']['0']['TIMEFILEDTEXT']['0']['VALUE'] . "</td>
   <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN']['0']['TIMEOPENED']['0']['VALUE'] . "</td>
   <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN']['0']['TIMECLOSED']['0']['VALUE'] . "</td>
   <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN']['0']['OPENTIMETEXT']['0']['VALUE'] . "</td>
 </tr>

but how would I go about setting this pattern up in a loop to get all of the arrays, and of course the ['0'] part in each array will change by going up one number... but if someone could enlighten me on how to stick the arrays in a for while statement that would be awesome!

I do not have control over the size of the array because it is a dump from a video game, well not the array there was an XML dump but I used PHP to translate it over to an array. But how would I got about doing it s that it would increase 0 to 1 and 1 to 2 if there was that number in the array, like if it 4 to 5 and there was no 5 then it would roll back and stay at 4, just so that I can display the arrays nicely on a table.  ;D

How to increase the number and check if it is valid.

Example:

<?php
$count = 0;
while($variable == $condition) {
      $count++;
      if (is_array($array[$count])) 
           // execute
}
?> 

This array is just has to many dimensions to be able to loop it out(completely), without timing out the script(will also take a while).

I suggest you just use the good old print_r function, it's your best bet if you want to view the whole array.

By the looks of it you have a 4 dimensional array there (or more), so you need $i,$j,$k,$q to iterate your loop.

Sample :

for($i=0;$i<count($xml['FSHOST']);$i++{
  $flightplans = $xml['FSHOST'][$i]['FLIGHTPLANS'];

for($j=0;$j<count($flightplans);$j++){
    $flightplan = $flightplans[$j]['FLIGHTPLAN'];

for($k=0;$k<count($flightplan;$k++){
      $statustext = $flightplan[$k]['STATUSTEXT'][0]['VALUE'];
      $playername = $flightplan[$k]['PLAYERNAME'][0]['VALUE'];
      $timefiledtext = $flightplan[$k]['TIMEFILEDTEXT'][0]['VALUE'];
      $timeopened = $flightplan[$k]['TIMEOPENED'][0]['VALUE'];
      $timeclosed = $flightplan[$k]['TIMECLOSED'][0]['VALUE'];
      $opentimetext = $flightplan[$k]['OPENTIMETEXT'][0]['VALUE'];
    }

}

}

By the way i'm making a HUGE assumption here, in that once you get to the flightplan it's only got 1 status, 1 playername, 1 timefiledtext, 1 timeopened, 1 timeclosed, 1 opentimetext .

You work out where you want your <tr><td> 's...

All i can say is that XML is REALLY badly formed and if you have PHP5+ consider using SimpleXMLElement instead of loops.

I think I figured it out, but I wont know until someone connects to multiplayer later today. But heres what I got Maybe look it over and tell me if its okay?

<?php
echo"
<table width='80%' border='0'>
  <tr>
    <td colspan='6'>Open Flight Plans On Our Multiplayer Servers!</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>Status:</td>
    <td>Player Name:</td>
<td>Time Filed:</td>
    <td>Time Opened:</td>
    <td>Time Closed:</td>
    <td>Total Time:</td>
  </tr>";
  $arraynum = '0';
  while (is_array($xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum])){
echo "
  <tr>
    <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum]['STATUSTEXT'][$arraynum]['VALUE'] . "</td>
    <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum]['PLAYERNAME'][$arraynum]['VALUE'] . "</td>
    <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum]['TIMEFILEDTEXT'][$arraynum]['VALUE'] . "</td>
    <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum]['TIMEOPENED'][$arraynum]['VALUE'] . "</td>
    <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum]['TIMECLOSED'][$arraynum]['VALUE'] . "</td>
    <td>" . $xml['FSHOST']['0']['FLIGHTPLANS']['0']['FLIGHTPLAN'][$arraynum]['OPENTIMETEXT'][$arraynum]['VALUE'] . "</td>
  </tr>
";
$arraynum++;
}
echo "</table>";
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.