Phrasing only the content area of a page

cooldude832

I am trying to return only the content section of a page that is a "text" page, so the forum would not apply, like an about.com or wikipedia article is what i am trying to get.  On wiki I know I can easily do it by getting the div labeled "content", but what abotu pages that aren't labeled, is there any ideas out there?

my new idea is this

I think this might work

Use strip_tags on the file_get_contents, but some how preserver all the divs, tables,tr, tds (the container elements)

then count the number of words in each element using the opener/closer tags so to speak

the container with the greatest nubmer of words is the said "content", and then simply find that text and I got it, make sense?  my current issue then is how in the hell do I strip all tags but <div> <table><tr><td></div></table></tr></td>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.